Safe from Harm Tent
The Safe from Harm tent is designed to create a safe and inclusive space for all JOTA-JOTI participants. Keeping people safe during JOTA-JOTI means:
- protecting children and young people from abuse online and in-person
- providing children and young people with a positive learning environment
- encouraging children and young people to be respectful
- taking action to promote the safety of children and young people
To learn more about how you can help promote safety and inclusion in your community, come meet us at the Safe from Harm tent.
JOTA-JOTI adheres strictly to World Scouting’s Safe from Harm policy and protections. National Scout Organizations are encouraged to follow national Safe from Harm or Safeguarding policies during the event.
Ending Violence Against Children
Every child around the world has the right to live a happy life that is free from violence. Join this session to hear from Dr. Najat M’jid, UN Special Representative on Violence against Children, about how she is working within the United Nations to keep young people safe and put an end to violence against children.
Why People Bully?
Have you ever wondered what motivates people to bully someone else? Come listen to this radio podcast to discover why people bully and how you can help make them stop.
Safe from Harm Champion Challenge
Become a champion for safety and inclusion in your community. Take on the 6 Safe from Harm challenges and share your answers with other Scout groups around the world.
- List all the children’s rights you know
- Send a positive message to another group of Scouts
- What was your favorite part in the e-learning on cybersecurity
- Ask a question to the Safe from Harm team
- What is Safe from Harm for you?
- What can your Scout group do about bullying?
Stay Safe and Surf Smart Online
Come find out how to stay safe on the Internet and be champion for diversity and inclusion in your community. Take the JOTA-JOTI Safe from Harm online training to learn why it’s important to be smart and kind when you are surfing the web, and how you can help create a better virtual world free of cyberbullying.
Fri, Oct 18 2019
Keep Andy Safe from Harm
Andy has got himself into trouble and needs your help to keep him safe. This special live session will follow Andy’s story and engage participants in a mission to keep him Safe from Harm.