Jamboree on the Air and Jamboree on the Internet will soon be here. The third weekend in October, this year 19-21 October, will see an explosion of communication across the amateur radio airwaves and the Internet with over a million Scouts and Guides participating across 150+ countries.
Sign Up Benefits Everyone
So, who will be on for the weekend? The only way to know ahead of time is to sign up your location. Once you’ve signed up, the other locations around the world will know to look for you. Likewise, you’ll be able to see at a glance all the rest of the locations from across town to the other side of the Earth.
How Do I Sign Up?
Start at the 2018 JOTA-JOTI Sign Up page. Only one person needs to sign up for your location, which will be good for everyone who attends. Follow the links on the sign up page to enter the system.
What Information Will I Need?
Here’s the information needed to sign up:
- Name of Group – This would be your Scout group.
- Location – Your town or city.
- Country – Your country.
- WOSM or WAGGGS – Select one.
- NSA – Select your national Scout or Guide association.
- Call Sign – Enter the amateur radio call sign if you’re going to participate on amateur radio. This is optional.
- JOTI.tv Nick – Enter your nick name on JOTI.tv. This is optional.
- Skype – Enter your group’s name on Skype. This is optional.
- IRC Nick Name – This is your nickname that you’ve registered on ScoutLink or another Internet chat service. This is optional.
- Contact Person Name and Email – This is the contact person for your location.
That’s all the information you need. Click the “submit” button and you’ll be registered. You’ll also receive an email confirming your sign up. That email will contain a link you can follow to make any needed changes to your information.
Sign Up is Just the Starting Point
Once you’ve signed up, you’ll be all set for JOTA-JOTI weekend. That’s where the fun starts.
But don’t stop there. You can also report on your activities after the event. Your National JOTA-JOTI Coordinator will be in touch to collect your reports.
Your coordinator will be assembling the full report for all JOTA-JOTI locations in your country. Needed information includes:
- Number of participants (Scouts and Guides)
- Number of amateur radio operators
- Number of visitors
- Number of contacts and countries contacted
- Communication channels used
They may also ask for some of your best photos and stories of your JOTA-JOTI weekend.
Sign Up is Simple – Do It Now
It is simple and straightforward. So go to the JOTA-JOTI Sign Up page now and make it happen.
Note that the listing of registered locations will be published later. You’ll also receive your JamPuz ID later by email.
World JOTA-JOTI Team