You just entered our exclusive JOTA-JOTI Ambassadors Club.
This is a special space being built for National JOTA-JOTI Ambassadors.
The World JOTA-JOTI Team considered avenues to support greater involvement of young people in the JOTA-JOTI weekend, to achieve a target of 3 million registered attendees involved by 2021 and available to as many young people as possible throughout the world. In 2017 about 1.8 million participants were involved from 152 countries. Areas considered as future priority work are:
- Increasing participation by NSOs and youth members;
- Creating innovative and immersive educational experiences;
- Increasing communication and partnerships;
- Keeping the technical infrastructure current.
One implementation to achieve those targets is having ambassadors in NSO’s to promote and support the JOTA-JOTI event and grow it along with the growth targets of each NSO.
To promote the JOTA-JOTI event, encourage participation, support participants and grow the event in the NSO.
The National JOTA-JOTI Ambassadors (NJA’s):
- Represent the WJJT in their country.
- Significantly increase participation in JOTA-JOTI with an agreed percentage each year, in line with the growth target of their NSO.
- Have a focus on event promotion
- Promote JOTA-JOTI at national conferences, decision making assemblies, and other relevant national events.
- Set up a youth-member promotion team to assist them in making JOTA-JOTI available to as many young people as possible.
- Ensure programme quality and consider how JOTA-JOTI can be used to achieve elements of the Scout training programme. Introduce e.g. a reward scheme.
- Are the single point of contact for the WJJT in their country.
- Have a direct entry into or are part of the national educational methods committee and / or national governing board
- Have well-developed oral and written communication skills in their own language and English.
- Embrace information technology and social media.
- Can spread enthusiasm to youth members and are well-organized.
- Have a passion for, and understanding of, international Scouting
A National JOTA-JOTI Ambassador will be nominated by the World JOTA-JOTI Team, upon recommendation by their National Scout Association. Details of how this procedure works are under development and will be available soon.
Under development is also a NJA badge that can be worn by those fulfilling this role. The badge will come with 3 different stages (bronze, silver and gold). The level is determined by the actual growth of the JOTA-JOTI participation in the country of the NJA.
Details will follow soon on how you can be a true ambassador for the JOTA-JOTI event. Stay tuned….