Are you feeling competitive this weekend? Take your pick from the range of challenges in this year’s JOTA-JOTI and get the chance to win some prizes.
Check out these fun challenges and unleash your creativity as an individual or with your group of friends. From a photo contest to preparing a survival kit, these challenges will keep you motivated and in it to win it!
Your JotaJoti InstaStories
Hey Scouts! Share your JOTA-JOTI fun on your Instagram Story and tag @WorldScouting to be shared on World Scouting’s Instagram stories over the weekend. If you want to stand out among the crowd, shares these ideas in your story:
- Steal the spotlight and create a song with your group about JOTA-JOTI using #jotajotisong and tag @WorldScouting
- SDG Street. How much do your neighbors know about the Sustainable Development Goals? Head outside with a friend and test the knowledge of people in your community. If they know all about the Goals, give them a high five! If they don’t, be sure to give them a few pointers so they know how to take action in their community. To complete this challenge, film this interview on your phone and upload the video (in any language) on Instagram using the hashtag #SDGStreet and tag @WorldScouting. Explore the Hastag and see how well the SDGs are known in communities around the world.
‘If I could ask a Scout anywhere in the world any question…’ video challenge
This local scout challenge is about sharing a glimpse of what being a young person looks like in your community to scouts across the world through a video. Connect with another scout group, ask each other a bunch of questions, and make a video answering them! Share a glimpse of it on social media using #jotajoti and get a chance to be featured on one of our global platforms.
Video & Photo Challenge
Send your photos and videos from your JOTA-JOTI weekend and get the chance to win one of the JOTA-JOTI gift boxes for your Scout group! Show the world how you, your group and community are participating in JOTA-JOTI this year. Every video and photo that you send will enter a raffle to win one of the gift packs. Photos inspired by Scouts for SDGs will give extra chances to win.
(Hint: the more you send, the higher your chances of winning!)
JOTA-JOTI Passport challenge
The JOTA-JOTI passport is your travel document to navigate this travel-free jamboree. Can you succeed in accomplishing each one of the JOTA-JOTI passport challenges?
You can receive a passport with a number of challenges to discover your way around this JOTA-JOTI.
Crowdfund with your friends!
Do you have a great project idea to help your community? Do you need funds? Then, the Scout Donation Platform is what you need! Get inspired from the list of activities below, gather your friends and raise funds on donate.scout.org to make it happen!
. Donate Christmas trees to nursing homes, hospitals, or to families who can’t afford to buy their own
· Organize a blood drive in your community
· Give a whole classroom of students a back-to-school kit.
· Prepare Christmas dinners for 10 families
· Clean up your local park or playground with the help of your neighborhood
· Donate food and animal supplies to your local animal shelter
1. Pick an idea from the list above or think about a need in your community
2. Go to donate.scout.org
3. Start drafting your project idea and when you are done submit it
4. Tell your friends, family and your community and raise funds!
Participate in JamPuz
Take part in the epic JamPuz game and join the race to collect codes from Scouts around the world!
Everything you need to know about JamPuz is here:
ActNow for Climate Change
What simple habits can you change to protect the planet? Even taking small steps, you have the power to tackle climate change. Join the movement and take a simple step towards climate action! The ActNow Bot is an interactive feature that was launched by the UN for Climate Action. Here, you can learn how YOU can contribute to global climate action by understanding what small habits you can change or start adopting.
Sat, Oct 19 2019
Launching: Dialogue for Peace Fund
Do you need funding for your next project, training, practice of dialogue circles and/or local awareness campaigns focusing on creating a culture for peace in your community? Join us to learn how you can apply to the Dialogue for Peace Fund